Residents of Brentwood, PA can get away from it all at Brentwood Park, a well-maintained, 30-acre facility that makes it easy to unwind without having to go too far.
The park has a swimming pool, stadium, baseball and softball fields, pavilions, dek hockey rink and a track. Located just off Brownsville Road, behind Brentwood Middle School & High School, Brentwood Library and Brentwood Volunteer Fire Company, the park has a lush setting with a lot of trees.
- The borough’s stadium in the park, Herb Troy Memorial Field, holds 2,000 people. Spartan high school athletics and Dukes youth football are played at the stadium. The borough holds concerts, annual Community Day celebrations and other events at the stadium. It was overhauled several years ago.
- Four baseball fields – a t-ball field, Attanucci Field, Tepsic Field and Kaiser Field – are used by the schools and the Brentwood Athletic Association (BAA).
- Residents can get a swimming workout, get their feet wet or just hang out at the Brentwood Swimming Pool. When the pool opened in 2021, the borough had fixed “deficiencies with the pool shell, deck, and bathhouse,” the borough wrote on their website. People can get into the pool easily with its new zero depth entry zone. Children can be sprayed with water. There’s a water slide. Season passes can be purchased online. Entry is limited to residents.
- The park has pavilions that can hold up to 15 people. Information is available at the Facility Rentals page of the Borough website.
- A track circles the stadium. The track is available for residents to exercise on when it’s not used for scheduled events.
- Dek hockey is played on a rink at the park. Dek hockey is typically played on foot with an orange ball. The Brentwood Borough website refers to dek hockey as an “intense, high-speed sport”.
The park in Brentwood also has basketball courts, tennis courts and a playground. Athletic facilities can be rented.
The Brentwood Spartans play high school football, baseball, softball and soccer in the park. The BAA plays baseball, softball and t-ball there. They use the stadium and baseball fields.
At Halloween, children choose a pumpkin from a patch in the park to decorate with something spooky. Treat bags are provided.
The Brentwood Arboretum is a beautiful collection of trees. Many trees have been there a long time. Others have been planted more recently. The arboretum is located on the grounds of Brentwood Park, the school district and the library.
The park and its swimming pool opened in the late 1920s.
A stadium, track, baseball and softball fields, tennis and basketball courts were built when veterans returned from World War Two.
The park was renovated in the 2010s after an independent committee promoted community awareness of the park and raised funds for improvements. Turf replaced grass at the stadium. New basketball and tennis courts, and a quarter-mile rubber track replaced facilities that were seventy years old. A dek hockey rink was added. New lighting was installed that is energy-efficient.
People who live in Brentwood don’t have far to go to feel like they left the suburbs behind. The park is well-maintained. There are trees, pavilions, a track to walk on and athletic facilities.
The address, for GPS, is 3501 Brownsville Road, Pittsburgh, PA, 15227.