Food is being made available to people who need it. Requirements may apply.
- Third Saturday Of The Month
- Zion Christian Church in Carrick operates the largest food pantry in Pittsburgh on the third Saturday of the month from 9:00 AM until 11:00 AM. More than 200 households receive food.
Requirements:During the coronavirus, this food pantry has waived requirements. Usually a proof of income & address is required.
Location:2019 Brownsville Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15210.
Phone:412-886-1864. They don’t always have someone in the church office but they check their phones regularly.
- Third Saturday Of The Month
- Stewart Avenue Lutheran Church in Carrick operates a food pantry on the third Saturday of the month from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM. Fresh vegetables, meats & non-perishable items are available to people of Carrick & Brentwood. Affiliated with the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank. A member of the South Hills Food Pantry Network. Collaborates with the Hunger Services Network for referrals & screening.
Requirements:Clients must meet the Federal Government Guidelines for poverty in need.
Location: 2801 Brownsville Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15227.
- 24/7 – Take What You Need
- The Louisa Way Take What You Need program is a small outdoor (sheltered) pantry located on a wall in front of red fence between 501-510 Louisa Way. It is self serve – “take what you need” – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A selection of pasta, noodles, rice, canned vegetables & fruit, canned beans, canned meat, sauce, bread, ready to heat meals, peanut butter, hygiene, & cleaning products is “restocked several per week … offerings vary based on weather,” according to the organizer. No refrigerated or frozen items are provided except “when nature provides an outdoor fridge.” Bags are tied to the fence.
Location:At the rear of 437 Carl Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15210.
- Food donations may be made directly to the pantry or on their front porch at 437 Carl Street.
- The Hilltop Family Care Connection focuses on child development. They provide group activities involving parents & children. As part of their program, food, formula, diapers or wipes may be made available. They are open & operating virtually.
Requirements: Call or email to inquire about their programs in general.
Location:1630 Arlington Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15210.
- A diaper bank is held on the second Saturday of the month from 9:00 AM until 11:00 AM. Diapers for babies and toddlers three years old and under are distributed to those in need. A limited number of adult diapers are available. While it’s not food, people who need food may also need diapers.
Location: St Basil Church Hall, 1735 Brownsville Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15210. The church hall is in the basement of the church.
The following distributions have ended
- February 26th
- Blessed Trinity will distribute 500 food boxes from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Friday, February 26, 2021 at St Albert the Great Church in Baldwin Borough. It is a drive by distribution – vehicles only. Food is available in partnership with the Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank.
Location:3198 Schieck Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15227.
Phone:412-884-7744 – advance registration is required.